- This event has passed.
Event Series: Anger Management Group (Mon)
Anger Management Group (Mon)
February 6 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
About the Anger Management Group
The anger management group helps individuals recognize what makes them angry and teaches them techniques and skills to manage their anger. The 12-week, court-approved program helps individuals better understand the roots of anger and how to experience this emotion in healthier ways–both for the individual and those around him or her. The group is offered in English and Spanish.
Each week, participants learn to:
- Recognize what makes them angry
- Respond to triggers without aggression
- Identify thoughts not matching the situation
- Recognize self-defeating behaviors
- Use relaxation techniques when addressing a stress response (”fight or flight” response)
- Use different communication styles
- How to get along with different people
The anger management group meets Mondays in Merrillville at Regional Health Systems’ Merrillville (East) location.
Contact the group’s facilitator for enrollment requirements.
The group meets for 12 weeks. Contact the group’s facilitator for participation requirements.