- This event has passed.
Anger Management Group (Tue)
March 29 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Jun 27 2023
About the Anger Management Group
The anger management group helps individuals recognize what makes them angry and teaches them techniques and skills to manage their anger. The 12-week, court-approved program helps individuals better understand the roots of anger and how to experience this emotion in healthier ways–both for the individual and those around him or her. The group is offered in English and Spanish.
Each week, participants learn to:
- Recognize what makes them angry
- Respond to triggers without aggression
- Identify thoughts not matching the situation
- Recognize self-defeating behaviors
- Use relaxation techniques when addressing a stress response (”fight or flight” response)
- Use different communication styles
- How to get along with different people
The anger management group meets Tuesdays in East Chicago at Regional Health Systems’ Stark Center, 2nd Floor, Group Room.
Contact the group’s facilitator for enrollment requirements.
The group meets for 12 weeks. Contact the group’s facilitator for participation requirements.