Divorce Education – Online
Jan 18 2024 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Pre-Registration is Required
Please call Regional Health Systems
About Families and Divorce: Working It Out
This four-hour educational program is designed to help families through a sometimes difficult transition. Learning how to work out problems in the best interest of the children is the primary goal of the program. WORKING IT OUT is a very practical approach to solving problems BEFORE they become too overwhelming.
- Families and the divorcing process
- Effects of divorce on children and family relationships
- Facing a change
- Practical tips for parenting through divorce
- Visits and parenting schedules from a child’s viewpoint
- Taking care of your needs and your child’s needs
- Getting help through community resources
The class is facilitated by professionals from Regional Health Systems who have experience working with families in transition. You will receive a handbook so that you can later refer to information you learned.
Advance Registration Required
Attendance of both parents is required by the Civil Division of the Lake Superior Court within 60 (sixty) days of filing for divorce for parents of children under 18. Enroll in one of the classes offered at two locations. Pre-registration by phone is required to assure your place. Arrive at least 15 minutes before it starts to check-in. To register, call Regional Health Systems at (219)769-4005
- You should attend the class you have chosen as your first choice. No confirmation will be sent unless there’s a change.
- Listen to WJOB Radio in Hammond or WZVN (1230 AM, 107.1 FM) for cancellations due to weather.
- Child care is not provided. Do not bring children to class.
- Limited class size — reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis until the class fills. Pre-register soon.
- There will be no refunds for cancellation notices received 30 days after the registered class meets.
After attending the entire class, you will receive a certificate and the court will be informed of your attendance.
To register or for information call Monday thru Friday between 8 am-4 p
Evenings 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
Saturdays 1:00-5:00 pm
The cost of the class is $50.00 for each person attending.
Debit or Credit Card only.