Families and Divorce (Working It Out)
October 20 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
One event on Jan 20 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Feb 17 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Mar 24 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Apr 21 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on May 19 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Jun 16 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Jul 14 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Aug 18 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Sep 08 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Oct 20 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Nov 17 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on Dec 15 2022 at 6:00 pm
A class for divorcing parents
This four-hour educational program helps families work through a sometimes difficult transition. Parents learn how to work out problems in the best interest of the children. Working It Out is a very practical approach to solving problems before they become overwhelming.
- Families and the divorcing process
- Effects of divorce on children and family relationships
- Facing a change
- Practical tips for parenting through divorce
- Visits and parenting schedules from a child’s viewpoint
- Taking care of your needs and your child’s needs
- Getting help through community resources
The class is facilitated by Regional Health Systems’ professionals experienced with transitioning families. Participants receive a handbook for referencing material learned.
Registration and Cost
Advance registration is required.
To register, call Regional Health Systems at (219)736-7271. Pre-registration by phone is required to assure your place. To mail your form, download the Divorce Education Brochure 2022.
Note: Class sizes are limited and reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The cost of the class is $50.00 per person. Payments are only being accepted online once pre-registered by phone. Debit or Credit Card only.
- Attend the class you have chosen as your first choice. No confirmation will be sent unless there is a change.
- Attendance of both parents is required by the Civil Division of the Lake Superior Court within 60 (sixty) days of filing for divorce for parents of children under 18.
- Child care is not provided. Do not bring children to class.
- After attending the entire class, you will receive a certificate and the court will be informed of your attendance.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the class starts to check-in.
- Listen to radio stations WJOB (1230 AM) or WZVN (107.1 FM) for cancellations due to weather.
- No refunds for cancellation notices received 30 days after the registered class meets.
Class Locations & Addresses
Due to COVID-19: Classes are being held online via Zoom.
Regional Health Systems – East Chicago
3903 Indianapolis Blvd.
East Chicago, IN 46312-2555
Regional Health Systems – Merrillville (West)
8555 Taft St. (Ind 55)
Merrillville, IN 46410-6199